Thread: Wireless Keyboard

Beans

Wireless Keyboard

I just installed Xubuntu 18.04 and found that it doesn't respond to the Asus wireless USB keyboard that came with my PC. It does respond to the wireless mouse. I think the keyboard and mouse share the same USB dongle. The computer is the Asus VivoMini ASUS VC66-B003Z.

Under "All Settings," I checked the Hardware > Keyboard and tried searching for additional drivers but didn't find anything helpful.

What suggestions would you have? Sure, I can use a wired USB keyboard, but I'd rather have a wireless keyboard for this PC.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Re: Wireless Keyboard

1. Did your wireless keyboard/mouse work under a previous version of Xubuntu?

2. Have you tried using a powered USB hub to connect the dongle?
    /path/to/Truth

Beans

1. This is the first time I've tried using the wireless keyboard and mouse under Xubuntu. They were used with Windows before now.
    2. No, I haven't tried using a powered USB hub yet. By "powered USB hub," do you mean a USB hub that plugs into a computer for power or one that plugs into a wall outlet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Plugged into a wall outlet is considered a powered USB hub, externally powered. I hate to ask but are the batteries in the keyboard new ones?