Thread: Disable notifications for low battery of peripherals

Beans

Disable notifications for low battery of peripherals

I have a perfectly functional wireless mouse that Ubuntu seems to think has a low battery. It is constantly spamming me with notifications about this, and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable these. I tried following the suggestion from here but that doesn't seem to have changed anything. I prefer to use my batteries until my mouse no longer works, and it's not exactly a critical emergency when the batteries die. Is there a way to disable these notifications, and if not, may I suggest adding one? Running 18.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Disable notifications for low battery of peripherals

a lot of these new extra long term batteries work like your "dead" alkalines, perhaps even longer. they do say the are specifically designed for digital devices. that probably makes many people think digital devices need more from a battery. but, actually, most need less (and so, many "digital" batteries are made for less). most devices like a wireless mouse, use energy more slowly (lower power level). batteries that can hold up a working voltage for a longer time as they approach rundown can, thus, last longer. the lower power need of the device can extend this even longer (e.g. 1/4 power could last longer than 4 times as long). yes, what can still run a digital device might give you a dim glow on an incandescent lamp of that intended voltage.

FYI ... i have had totally dead batteries "explode". so where do you think that energy came from if it was dead?

few battery designs are intend for long lasting under high power loads.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans

I've been bothered by this as well. I have a Logitech wireless keyboard (MK700) and for the last half year or so Ubuntu/Gnome has given me daily warnings about the keyboard being low on battery. It's fine to warn people when it's about time to change batteries, but more than half a year in advance is clearly too early, and it's very annoying that the warning appears on each and every reboot with no option to disable it.

Recently it changed from the classical 10%warning to saying "Wireless keyboard is very low in power (5%)". This new warning pops up at about ten minute intervals and needs to be dismissed manually every time. It is very annoying. I have batteries in stock so that I can change when I need to, but why would the OS bother me incessantly to change earlier than necessary? Please fix this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

I have battery warnings every 15 minutes on any screen. It's very annoying. Ubuntu MATE 18.04.