Thread: Help with Uninstall of KeePassX from Source

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Help with Uninstall of KeePassX from Source

Hi everyone. I've only installed a few pieces of software from source, and have never tried to uninstall anything yet, and I'm not sure how to go about it. I looked at the websites for the program at https://github.com/keepassx/keepassx and keepassx.org but I haven't found anything from the developers on how to uninstall the program. Can anyone help with this? I looked at the forums but none of the solutions seemed to work for me. If it might help, when I first installed it, I followed the install instructions on the github website. Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Help with Uninstall of KeePassX from Source

If you install Synaptic Package Manager ... synaptic ..
    you have a GUI which you can launch, search for "keepass" and find entries
    keepass2

Mark for removal and then apply.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Thanks for the reply. I just looked for the entry a second time and it tells me there isn't any KeepPass versions installed. This is one of the methods I tried originally, but tried again just in case I missed something, but I'm not sure that's the correct method. If I'm not mistaken Synaptic is only a graphical interface for the Ubuntu package repository, but I installed this version of KeePass from the developer, from source code, directly. There aren't any connections to any repositories that enables me to uninstall it by that method. I was hoping I could find the commands to reverse the changes I made by installing it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Go back into the source folder and run
    Code:
    sudo make uninstall