Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Create zip archive fails from thunar/caja

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Create zip archive fails from thunar/caja

Commented on the bug that I also have this problem, though I have not the same amount of knowledge of the whole process that you obviously have, and was not aware of the process to creating a temporary archive in the source folder prior to saving it in a destination folder where I have write permissions, ie, my home.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I managed to figure that out when i saw it worked in directories i owned i suspected it may be a permission issue, so i tried it as root when it worked i used ls -la to confirm my suspicions
    now if i just knew where in the source code to look i could probably make a patch
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!

Did you add something to Thunar to do this? Not seeing the possibility to create archive in Thunar here.

(Possibly because Thunar 1.7.2 Gtk3 version)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by flocculant View Post
    Did you add something to Thunar to do this? Not seeing the possibility to create archive in Thunar here.

(Possibly because Thunar 1.7.2 Gtk3 version)
    the option is there on a stock live ISO of xubuntu 18.04
    This appears to be a bug in engrampa, verified via command line, see bug reports for details
    thunar has a plugin supporting both file-roller and engrampa i believe the package is thunar-archive-plugin
    .tap file are located in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/thunar-archive-plugin/

my upsteam report has more in-depth details, see downstream bug report for link
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; April 18th, 2018 at 12:41 PM.
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I did not install any particular package to get the ability to create an archive using the context menu from a right click, so I presume the thunar-archive-plugin must be installed by default.

I will check next time I boot to the 18.04 install to see what exactly I have installed and will report back.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I assume flocculant compiled thunar him/her self
    on the install notes for thunar-archive-plug is seems they need to have the same prefix, so i guess that is why flocculant's thunar lacks that option
    http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/thu...archive-plugin

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thunar-archive-plugin is a suggested package of thunar itself but is installed in the default Xubuntu 18.04 (and 16.04) installation.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    I assume flocculant compiled thunar him/her self
    on the install notes for thunar-archive-plug is seems they need to have the same prefix, so i guess that is why flocculant's thunar lacks that option
    http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/thu...archive-plugin
    Yea - been testing a lot of the 'not in Xubuntu yet Gtk3 things' thunar is one of them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12