Thread: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Scanner capabilities to Linux

Beans

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Scanner capabilities to Linux

I have a dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 and my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printer is working great. I am newly using Linux trying to phase out of the Win 10. In the Windows side for the scanner part of my printer, I had an icon on my taskbar to quickly print multiple pages and save to pdf. jpg. ocr. etc From what I read in a very old thread (2012 or so which has been closed) they can only scan multiple pages from the feeder. I use my scanner frequently for multiple pages that cannot go through the feeder. Is there a way to have the scanner control manager in my windows side function in Linux? I am wondering if I can (and here you will see my simple ignorance yet my willingness to follow clear simple steps) go over to the Windows side and snag the file that opens the scanner options (I will have to go over there and recognize it by the picture of it and then write down the file line, then boot into Linux side and try it from this side). Ok, technical help here would be appreciated very much! I need to do multiple scans (not via the feeder) into one document.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help!
    TappiKid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Scanner capabilities to Linux

Thread moved to MINT, a more appropriate forum.