Thread: what's your favorite music genre and favorite band? v2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

what's your favorite music genre and favorite band? v2

There was a topic like this last decade, but it's closed. I'm going to open it up a little more, and ask for all the genres you listen to, and any significant bands you like.

My favorite is '90s grunge. A close second is '90s alternative rock.

Other genres I like:

• '90s grunge - Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Green River, Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Seaweed, Mudhoney, Love Battery, Mono Men, Stone Temple Pilots, Silverchair
    • '90s alternative rock - Smashing Pumpkins, Collective Soul, Matchbox 20, Three Doors Down, Goo Goo Dolls, Alanis Morissette, Garbage, Radiohead, No Doubt, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr.
    • '90s pop - Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Mandy Moore
    • Instrumental/mood music (spooky/magical/relaxing/meditative, etc.)
    • European metal:
    • Power metal - Sonata Arctica
    • Folk metal - Wintersun, Ensiferum, Logar's Diary, Finntroll
    • Melodic death metal - Wintersun, Norther
    • Death metal - Hypocrisy
    • Classic rock - Eagles, CCR, Led Zeppelin
    • Southern rock - Blackfoot, Foghat

And Damn Yankees, but I wasn't really sure if they were classic rock, glam metal, '90s rock, etc.
    Last edited by sandman887; April 5th, 2018 at 06:15 AM.
    Old hardware never dies (with Linux). - Bashing-om

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: what's your favorite music genre and favorite band? v2

I'm into anything 'psych' regardless of how light or heavy it is or from which era it comes from.

Fave band probably has to be the Grateful Dead although I've not really listened to them since I stopped drinking and smoking .

I tend to go through phases so at the moment I'm listening almost non-stop to Terry Reid's 'Seed of Memory' from 1976. Do yourself a very big favour and check it out on YouTube. If you like Led Zeppelin you might like this. It's not as heavy but he actually turned down the role of lead singer before Robert Plant took it on as he wanted to stay solo. And you can hear how his voice would've worked just as well as Plant's when he's at full pelt .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm a big fan of prog. Prog rock, progressive metal, things of that nature. A good example of early prog would be like King Crimson. Modern prog rock would be bands like Porcupine Tree. Modern progressive metal would be stuff like Dream Theatre. I also like jazz, jazz fusion, and jazz/metal fusion. Freddie Hubbard or Herbie Hancock is a good example of the kind of jazz I like, Greg Howe is a good example of my kind of fusion, and Animals as Leaders would be a good example of jazz/metal fusion.
    US Army Band Veteran
    Bodybuilding Crew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Kashmir, I like Kashmir. It's indie rock.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Too much of a difficult question, there are too many genres, sub genres and band/artists to choose from.