Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Wine gone broken?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Has Wine gone broken?

edit
    Last edited by moto1860; April 1st, 2018 at 04:40 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by moto1860 View Post
    According to ubuntu software I've both Wine and Wine development version installed (can't find them under show applications tho) however clicking on them from there and then Launch nothing happens
    Your 2nd last post indicated a specific problem with a dependent package required to run wine, to which I gave you an equally specific remedy. Your last post does not refer to my last reply in any way whatsoever so you are wasting everyone's time. How about start your own thread.

Beans

No, it's not mine, it's just after all these years I finally found a question I could answer lol.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    That's because the latest wine packages don't install a wine.desktop file. Without that you won't get a context menu option.
    Seems rather dumb.
    You can copy the previous wine.desktop in 16.04 (/usr/share/applications/wine.desktop) to an applications folder in 18.04 for ex. to
    ~/.local/share/applications
    I do not see that file. Even though the menu works on my 16.04 based system. .

Beans

I have tried everything, It runs on 16.04LTS, but on 1804 nothing happens when I click Install Paint Shop Pro in the splash screen of autorun.exe.

So I'm sticking to 16.04 of this reason...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12