Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is there a step-by-step guide to transfer files between two Linux computers?

Beans

Re: Is there a step-by-step guide to transfer files between two Linux computers?

Quote Originally Posted by sonicking View Post
    Do I do this on both computers? Or just the one that I tried to upgrade the operating system? In the future, do I just do this every time I upgrade the OS? Thanks again!
    You need to do this on the client, not the one you upgraded, which is the host (server). As long as the IP address of the host doesn't change, and the host OS doesn't change, after the initial log on it should recognize the host and connect again without a problem.

Beans

Re: Is there a step-by-step guide to transfer files between two Linux computers?

Looking at post #36, I see that compter 2 (Aaron's) does not have an IP address.
    In post #24 you seem to have the right idea, but it seems that for some reason it's not worked. Perhaps go over the configuration instructions again, reboot and try again.

There is no point trying ssh until both computers have IP addresses. 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 are a good address pair to have chosen. Both computers show the wired interface as UP,LOWER_UP so the cable is plugged in and working, it's just the missing IP address that's the problem at the network level.

Beans

Thanks everybody. It works now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345