Thread: LAN, WiFi and Touchpad stop working after installing Lubuntu

Beans

Question LAN, WiFi and Touchpad stop working after installing Lubuntu

I runned Lubuntu 17.10 from the LiveCD. With success i could automatically connect by LAN and WiFi to a network.

As soon as i installed this Lubuntu version to sda2 and started from the new installation, the WiFi, LAN and Touchpad stopped working. Prior i installed Puppy to sda1 with 'grub2dos' as bootloader to sda which loads Lubuntu from sda2

In the "disk installation", 'lspci' still shows the hardware, but it seems like no drivers are loaded (?). Im surprised because i thought, the installation uses the same software / configuration as the LiveCD. Am i wrong? Due i'm a absolute beginner, i'll follow every hint and will post all data requested to help further

HP Elitebook 8440p with
    Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (8086:10ea rev05) and Intel 82577 CM Gigabit (8086:4238 rev35)

-

I don't know what happend. I'm using a docking-station now, and everything seems to work. I didn't any tests, if somethin is related to the DS. If i have further information i'll post them
    Last edited by besibesmer; March 18th, 2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: more specific