Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer Building Woes

Beans

Re: Computer Building Woes

My replacement motherboard and case arrived. The case is still in the box. Today I installed the processor, cooler, and memory and the power supply. As before I shorted out the power pins. This time the cooler fan spun indicating a good board. Tomorrow I will deal with the replacement case. Hopefully the threading in the case will allow me to install the standoffs.

Beans

I had spoken too soon. The board would not post. Since at the time I was dealing with a bad case of bronchitis, I put it on the back burner. I contacted tech support as before. They assured me that it could not be another bad board. They gave me an RMA and told me to send the board to them with processor and memory installed. Yesterday I spoke to the technician. It was the board. The BIOS was corrupted. Since I was never able to post, that is the way the board came. This has been an extremely irksome build. I am sorry that I got involved with it.

Beans

The third motherboard arrived today. I hooked it up as I did before. This time it posted. It is now in the case. Little by little I will wire it up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123