Thread: Learning how to build Copperhead OS from Source

Beans

Question Learning how to build Copperhead OS from Source

I am needing someone with a little bit of patience to help me learn how to build Copperhead OS from source. I have never done one before and want to learn what I am doing. I am pretty computer savvy, this is just something pretty new to me. The directions are pretty straight forward (it seems) but others are telling me you need to understand some code to understand what's going on and have a bunch of software installed first.

The instructions can be found here- https://copperhead.co/android/docs/

Has anyone tackled this Android OS before?

Thanks guys!

T

Beans

Re: Learning how to build Copperhead OS from Source

I have also (somehow) messed up with the GPG keys and Copperhead won't verify the keys. This is is my output:

Code:
    ubuntu@ubuntu16:~/copperheados-OPM1.171019.021.2018.03.10.15$repo init -u https://github.com/CopperheadOS/platform_manifest.git -brefs/tags/OPM1.171019.021.2018.03.10.15

Your identity is:XXXXXXXX <XXXXXXX@XXXXX.com>
    If you want tochange this, please re-run 'repo init' with --config-name

repo has beeninitialized in/home/ubuntu/copperheados-OPM1.171019.021.2018.03.10.15

ubuntu@ubuntu16:~/copperheados-OPM1.171019.021.2018.03.10.15$gpg --recv-keys 65EEFE022108E2B708CBFCF7F9E712E59AF5F22A
    gpg: no keyserverknown (use option --keyserver)
    gpg: keyserverreceive failed: bad URI
    Name and email was censored.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; March 13th, 2018 at 04:05 AM. Reason: removed inappropriate language

Beans

How do I switch this GPG key back to the way it is supposed to be when you install the system? I don't use keys, I don't need them, and really could care less about them.

T
    Last edited by wildmanne39; March 13th, 2018 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Removed obfuscated profanity

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread moved to Any Other OS.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mr.travo View Post
    How do I switch this GPG key back to the way it is supposed to be when you install the system? I don't use keys, I don't need them, and really could care less about them.

T
    it's just a bad command, nothing to worry about.
    "gpg --recv-keys 65EEFE022108E2B708CBFCF7F9E712E59AF5F22A" is incomplete, not the proper command.

Beans

Thank you Kerry.

I am following some given instructions, somehow my GPG has gotten screwy and I am trying to figure it out. This is a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 so I really don't understand why it's given me so much grief...

Beans

do an update in terminal: sudo apt update

if it gives an error copy & paste the error here