Thread: Some keyboard shortcuts missing after installing Compiz.

Beans

Question Some keyboard shortcuts missing after installing Compiz.

Yup, another question, but I'm making good progress. I am using Ubuntu 16.04 Mate. I recently installed Compiz to fix my video tearing which accomplished that quite nicely, but when I used my keyboard shortcut to reposition a window to the center of the screen, nothing happened. I checked the Keyboard Shortcut settings and discovered that all the entire shortcut group for window positioning was gone. Can these keyboard positioning shortcuts be accessed other way in Compiz, or are window positioning shortcuts just not implemented in Compiz?

Beans

Re: Some keyboard shortcuts missing after installing Compiz.

I don't use Compiz or Ubuntu Mate but I suspect you may have to install compizconfig-settings-manager. It used to come with a warning as well, IIRC.

Beans

Re: Some keyboard shortcuts missing after installing Compiz.

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    I don't use Compiz or Ubuntu Mate but I suspect you may have to install compizconfig-settings-manager. It used to come with a warning as well, IIRC.
    I do have that installed, but I didn't see the keyboard shortcuts for window positioning in there. I could have missed it or I just don't know what to look for.