Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Headphones connected to the laptop and yet the sound come from devices's speakers

Beans

Re: Headphones connected to the laptop and yet the sound come from devices's speakers

Hi, I am facing the same problem. I am new in Linux OS. I have Hyperx Cloud Headset which I bought a few days back. My friend also suggests me to buy this headset. I read few posts about it then buy. See Anandtech gaming headset discussion, they talking about a headset.
    I asked on a group can I use this on Ubuntu OS, and someone replied yes. then I buy. I tried a lot of things but nothing happens. Even I tried to remove the speaker jack. I have tried this instruction as well.

Beans

Re: Headphones connected to the laptop and yet the sound come from devices's speakers

The solution to this sort of problem depends on your specific laptop/mobo/soundcard. Do you have the same Alienware 15 R2 laptop as the OP? If not, please start your own thread, and give the alsa information: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo
    What would happen if your disk died right now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123