Thread: Windows 7 32-bit host with Debian 9 guest, I no able to open in putty 0.6/07

Beans

Thumbs down Windows 7 32-bit host with Debian 9 guest, I no able to open in putty 0.6/07

I have try several different option/setting in network settings (NAT, bridged...) for virtualbox. I have try ping all the IP adress i find in cmd and got respons also on typical 192.168x adress and 127.0.0.1

Everytime i try login via the putty I get no respons until I close sessions or get the message of network errorermission denied

For internet I have mobile phone wifi connectet hotspot which I now cannot access the internet through chrome or other browser, but I have internet because I can download software through Debian and cmd ping google.com and such website.

Also, do I need to have internet/wifi on to connect bridged?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Windows 7 32-bit host with Debian 9 guest, I no able to open in putty 0.6/07

Moved to Windows.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Windows 7 32-bit host with Debian 9 guest, I no able to open in putty 0.6/07

in vbox set networking to bridged.

then when in linux run
    Code:
    ifconfig
    to see the assigned IP of debian virtual machine

then you can connect to that IP. you might need to add a port when connecting to it. you might also need to open the port to listen to outside connection. for example if you are trying to use SSH, you need to open port for SSH (default 22) in iptables firewall. then you connect by typing propperly setting up the the connection in putty.

from your description it is impossible to know where exactly you got stuck.

also make sure on windows firewall that putty has full access as well as that virtual network in windows if properly configured.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

Not sure why, maybe it was old firewall I not knew was install on system.
    Last edited by nandi.debian; February 20th, 2018 at 03:31 PM.