Thread: NFS Mount - Strange Permission Issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Question NFS Mount - Strange Permission Issue?

First off, I'm not sure if this is an issue with my Synology DS212j (running DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 5) or with my PC (running Ubuntu 17.10). I've only recently noticed the issue and have been poking at it for the last couple days.

Basically, I've been mounting the NFS share with the command below for a couple of years and it has always worked - without issue. However, recently, I've been mounting it but noticing I no longer can browse the share via Nautilus and edit anything in the root. Basically, I can drag & drop files to it but I cannot right-click and rename them, cut them or move them (see the screen-shot). I found it to be quite curious that if I use a terminal session, I can do whatever I want with these same files. More curious still, I created a subdirectory and copied some files into it. I could then right-click these files inside that subdir and rename, move, etc. just fine!

Has the way we mount NFS shares changed? Can I add/remove a switch to remedy this issue?

How I mount my NFS share:
    Code:
    sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.20.49:/volume1/Movies ~/Videos/NAS/Movies
    How it's mounted:
    Code:
    mount | grep nfs
    192.168.20.49:/volume1/Movies on /home/tome/Videos/NAS/Movies type nfs4 (rw,relatime,vers=4.0,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.20.115,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.20.49)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember, amatures built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: NFS Mount - Strange Permission Issue?

It's likely an issue with the export on the Synology as the issue persists across multiple machines running fully updated builds of Ubuntu 17.10. I'll send my queries their way.
    Remember, amatures built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic.