Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I used to be able to run any stray exe using Wine. No longer an option?

Beans

Re: I used to be able to run any stray exe using Wine. No longer an option?

Quote Originally Posted by ejbiow View Post
    I suggest nemo.
    I've finally gotten around to trying this.

"Nemo" is not found in the Software Store so I used apt-get, but even after installing, nothing is different. Do I need to change something else? Is there a way to configure "Nemo"?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy323 View Post
    I've finally gotten around to trying this.

"Nemo" is not found in the Software Store so I used apt-get, but even after installing, nothing is different. Do I need to change something else? Is there a way to configure "Nemo"?
    Nemo is highly configurable, even more so than nautilus was before Gnome started making it so simple it is just about my least favorite file manager in Linux-dom. Just left-click on the file, choose properties, then select the 'Open with' tab and type in wine.
    https://tinyurl.com/y7xzz4rp

Beans

You can still do it by copying/linking wine.desktop to /usr/share/applications

Code:
    sudo cp /usr/share/doc/wine-stable/examples/wine.desktop /usr/share/applications/
    or
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/share/doc/wine-stable/examples/wine.desktop /usr/share/applications/
    Then wine windows program loader will show up in the nautilus' "open with" list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; May 15th, 2018 at 04:27 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ejbiow View Post
    Nemo is highly configurable, even more so than nautilus was before Gnome started making it so simple it is just about my least favorite file manager in Linux-dom. Just left-click on the file, choose properties, then select the 'Open with' tab and type in wine.
    https://tinyurl.com/y7xzz4rp
    Thanks. This seems to have helped some, though my success rate getting Windows apps to run under Wine still seems to be below 50%.

(Tip for future readers of the thread: You must type "wine" to add the app to the list of "Open With" apps. Typing "Wine", won't work. Case sensitive.)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    You can still do it by copying/linking wine.desktop to /usr/share/applications

Code:
    sudo cp /usr/share/doc/wine-stable/examples/wine.desktop /usr/share/applications/
    or
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/share/doc/wine-stable/examples/wine.desktop /usr/share/applications/
    This works for me. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Then wine windows program loader will show up in the nautilus' "open with" list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12