Thread: Using WNA3100 adapter in 16.04

Beans

Using WNA3100 adapter in 16.04

Hello,
    I have a bit of a problem in getting my (rather old) WNA3100 netgear wireless adapter to work with a laptop running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit. I installed ndiswrapper and loaded it up with the latest netgear driver (bcmwlhigh6). Running
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    indicates that the driver is installed and the device is present. However, running
    Code:
    iwconfig
    shows no wireless extensions, and I don't see any option to connect to wifi from the GUI. I ran the required commands sudo depmod -l(sudo modprobe ndiswrapper and sudo ndiswrapper -m) and rebooted several times to no avail. I'm pretty new to Linux so I don't know how to troubleshoot this further on my own. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: Using WNA3100 adapter in 16.04

Please see: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....hlight=wna3100
    I don't believe this device can be made to work correctly in Ubuntu 14.04 and later. Please don't ask me to help. I've tried everything I know of and it doesn't work.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Re: Using WNA3100 adapter in 16.04

Thank you for your reply. I'm currently trying a different route and also have an issue, but I'll make a new thread for that.