Thread: Xerox Phaser 3010 printer doesn't work with 16.04 LTS

Beans

Xerox Phaser 3010 printer doesn't work with 16.04 LTS

Hello.

I'm new to ubuntu world and today I was trying to setup a Xerox Phaser 3010 with ubuntu mate 16.04 LTS and when I sent something to print, at the job's window after while it said that the job was stopped and pops out an error message.

The steps I followed to install the driver are the following:

1. Turn off the printer
    2. Download the driver .deb file from Xerox site
    3. Double clicked on that .deb file and clicked at install package.
    4. Turned on the printer and a popup said that printer installed and connected.
    5. Tried to print a test page but as I said before, it says that job was stopped.

I searched online for possible solutions but couldn't find something different and thus I'm writing here.

Any idea or hint is welcomed.

Thank you

Beans

Re: Xerox Phaser 3010 printer doesn't work with 16.04 LTS

welcome to linux and welcome to the Ubuntu forums;

so for many devices, the manufacturers supply linux drivers; and as well open-source variants have been supplied by volunteers; of which the linux world is very well populated;

so the site OpenPrinting http://www.openprinting.org/printer/...ox-Phaser_3010 says that the foo2hbpl2 driver will work for your device; here is site for this driver http://foo2hbpl.rkkda.com/ and it talks about it there;

If you feel able to read it all and download the driver; please go ahead;

if you want detailed how-to steps, please post back and I or someone else will try to give you a list of commands that you will need to paste into the terminal; you open that with three keys all held down together control and alt and t ............

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

What does the error message say?

Beans

@pdc : Thank you very much. I followed the instruction at the site you recommended and now printer is working.

Beans

glad to hear it worked; you did very well to follow the driver site; you must have a good background in command work; most would find it daunting; best wishes with Ubuntu and we hope it all works well

Beans

Actually some years ago I had debian linux so, I have a little experience with the command line, plus with some google searches, everything worked out.

Thanks again.

Beans

Actually some years ago I had debian linux so, I have a little experience with the command line
    ....... it shows !!!!!!!!