Thread: HP Scanjet G3010

Beans

HP Scanjet G3010

Hello everybody, I am new in this forum and I hope I can share my knowledge between us. I am hobbyts in electronics and have the wish to learn more. I am more than 40 years old and always I keep myself amused with electronic. I have something more learned during my years as student in Odessa - Urkaine. There electronic is made so public, that everyone can it practice, I think like as in USA. Here in my country is not so but we have in Peru other skills.

In this time I am really interesting in getting a service manual from a scanner, I hope you can give me a hand with it.
    Greetings for all for this new year.

rafako

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: HP Scanjet G3010

Welcome rafako,

Maybe we can help you out. I never had a reason to look for a scanner service manual, but I just searched online using Google for my scanner, an Epson Perfection 1640. Google found it. Just enter manufacturer and model number on the search line.
    You may or may not be successful in your search, I suspect it depends on the manufacturer of your scanner and how old it is. Some manufacturers are better at publishing support manuals than others.
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    I am not an expert on anything, but I pretend to be one at times.
    Software expands to consume available system resources.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Many manufacturers have information about their devices on their website. It's usually under their Support page after you enter the device's model number.

For the HP Scanjet G3010, you find its Support page below. It has information on the scanner including the user guide, software information, and other product information. User Guides contains the information on the manual:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...849438/manuals

Beans

Thank you him610 and you sccman for your quick response.
    Actually the service manual interests me because the scanner has a failure in the electronics. There are a couple of open transistors and the only way to replace them is by consulting the service manual. Also I want to analyze the circuits to learn more.
    I have several hours spent searching in the web for that manual during months but I have not had luck.
    I am going to consult in the link that you sent me this weekend, this looks interesting. Thank you very much for your help. Keep in touch.

Beans

Hello, I review that link and not luck, the problem can not fix. Any sugesstion where to get the service manual will be wellcome.