Thread: Any way to get an instant email alert when the next Ubuntu version gets published?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Question Any way to get an instant email alert when the next Ubuntu version gets published?

Is there any way to get an instant email alert when the next Ubuntu version gets published? I've searched on the Ubuntu.com website, and also on Xubuntu.org , the website for my flavor, but I couldn't find anything like that anywhere.

Beans

Re: Any way to get an instant email alert when the next Ubuntu version gets published

You could add the Ubuntu Fridge RSS feed to your email client.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Any way to get an instant email alert when the next Ubuntu version gets published

Thank you! That gave me the idea to install an RSS reader on my phone and add Ubuntu Fridge to it. Not, strictly speaking, and email notification, but it should have the same effect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Create a Launchpad account...you'll get email notifications on breaking Ubuntu news.

Beans

You could subscribe to the ubuntu-announce mailing list:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/lis...buntu-announce

Or you could subscribe to the ubuntu-release mailing list:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/lis...ubuntu-release

I like ubuntu-release because it includes little bits of info regarding the upcoming releases.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you! After reading the archives of the two mailing lists posted by kansasnoob, I decided to subscribe to ubuntu-announce.