Thread: strange nautilus problem

Threaded View

Beans

strange nautilus problem

Hi, I am experiencing an odd problem with nautilus on one of my machines with Ubuntu 16.04.3 (with unity) and only on one machine, the other one doesn't have the problem. When first boot up or login if open Nautilus immediately it shows two icons on the launcher bar, in addition to the normal icon on top (first screenshot) another one shows up at the bottom (second screenshot) If I then close nautilus (the bottom icon then disappears) and try to open it by clicking again nothing happens for maybe 30 seconds, then click again and everything is normal and it is normal afterwards (only one icon on top and don't have to wait to re-open nautilus after closing) Also, if I wait for a minute or two after login or bootup before launching Nautilus then everything is normal (no double icon and and no waiting immediately after first launch)

This happens only on one machine and i notice this only recently (might be I didn't pay attentions before) Might have messed up some settings, wonder if there is any suggestion as to what I should check. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images