Thread: Custom resolution not remembered after restart

Beans

Custom resolution not remembered after restart

Hello guys, i have a problem regaring setting a custom resolution on my built-in display for my laptop. My desired resolution is 1600x900. It's not shown into Display settings in Ubuntu 16.04, but after running
    sudo xrandr --newmode "1600x900_60.00" 118.25 1600 1696 1856 2112 900 903 908 934 -hsync +vsync and
    sudo xrandr --addmode eDP-1 "1600x900_60.00"
    the resolution is added to Displays settings and i can apply it. Also i put the 2 commands into .profile file (gedit ~/.profile), at the end of the file, to supposedly remember the resolution after a restart, as this tutorial said (http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...buntu-desktop/). The problem is it won't remain after a restart, I get an error ("Could not apply the stored configuration for monitors") and as i saw in another tutorial, i don't have the location /etc/gdm/Init/Default to put the commands in that startup script. What should i do? Thanks and have a nice day!

Beans

Re: Custom resolution not remembered after restart

Thread moved to the "Hardware" forum.

Beans

Re: Custom resolution not remembered after restart

Problem solved. I have accidentally inserted the 'sudo' command in front of the two 'xrandr' commands, in the ~/.profile file. After removing them everything works. After restart the resolution remains the custom one. Have a nice day all!