Thread: Best Android app for ssh communication with LAN

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Best Android app for ssh communication with LAN

I am using ssh keys but am new to this. I tried an app called Juice but it did not find the public key on my Galaxy s8

I'm looking for a good reasonably priced app which can use the same key type which I made in xubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Best Android app for ssh communication with LAN

Public ssh keys don't belong on the client. public keys are placed on the remote sshd server to be used for validation by the local ssh client with the private ssh-key. https://sonelli.freshdesk.com/suppor...s-openssh-pem- Only specific ssh-key formats can be used.

Juice is one of 2 ssh clients available that are worth your time based on conversations I've had with others. Termux is the other.

I would look in the f-droid app-store for alternatives. No need to pay for an ssh-client.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Public ssh keys don't belong on the client. public keys are placed on the remote sshd server to be used for validation by the local ssh client with the private ssh-key. https://sonelli.freshdesk.com/suppor...s-openssh-pem- Only specific ssh-key formats can be used.

Juice is one of 2 ssh clients available that are worth your time based on conversations I've had with others. Termux is the other.

I would look in the f-droid app-store for alternatives. No need to pay for an ssh-client.
    Thank you, I had never heard of F-Droid

Beans

F-Droid is great. I always check it out first. You can usually find what you need there.