Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 17.10 boots right to kodi

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 17.10 boots right to kodi

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lq...INBHumiz-IUKqE

Not sure if im allowed to share links here but this has screen recordings of me installing kodi, opening and running kodi, and what happens after it crashes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If you press the shift key when booting does it get you into the GRUB menu. That might help you see if there are any login options aside from Kodi
    Just a thought
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution: Dual Boot -Ubuntu 1804 Bionic Beaver with Cinnamon DE and Linux Mint 18 Sarah Cinnamon

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by kyle-amsoil View Post
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lq...INBHumiz-IUKqE

Not sure if im allowed to share links here but this has screen recordings of me installing kodi, opening and running kodi, and what happens after it crashes.
    Watched the videos.
    To be honest I can't really tell what's going on.

Does kodi need to be restarted after installing the add-on or is that an error message?
    I would try installing add-on again and use windowed mode.(you can toggle with backslash key above Enter key)
    When you get the "force close" message , quit kodi using the right click launcher menu.
    Then restart kodi.

Did you have an older version of kodi installed before installing the ppa version?
    Are you using a stable or development release?
    From the kodi wiki
    Some (later) Ubuntu versions include Kodi built by Ubuntu themselves.
    If you have installed Ubuntu Kodi, please remove the packages "kodi kodi-bin kodi-data" before trying to install team-xbmc PPA packages.
    Last edited by guber2; December 8th, 2017 at 04:44 AM.

Beans

When you see the force close that is just me showing that I can quit Kodi normally at that point. It does not crash until I go to play the music. When I pushed play the screen froze but the recording did not show that. I can also restart the PC and it will start normally. It's not until after the screen freezes that I can no longer boot to desktop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12