Thread: Installing C Programming Language Compiler APP in Lubuntu

Beans

Installing C Programming Language Compiler APP in Lubuntu

I just installed Lubuntu on my old laptop, and i want to install all kinds of app in this laptop especialy c compiler (like devcpp or visual studio in windows). Anyone can help me? thank you

Topsiho is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Installing C Programming Language Compiler APP in Lubuntu

You may try install build-essential. It contains the gcc-compiler, which compiles c- and other programs.
    I'm not sure whether you need to install other packages as well, as I turned to programming in Python, and not in C++ anymore.

Topsiho

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

build-essential wasn't really meant as the way to turn your computer into a development platform and it contains some stuff you won't need, but it's an easy way to get all the essential stuff, like compiler and the most important header files. You can also separately install packages like gcc (the C compiler), g++ (the C++ compiler), gdb (the debugger), make (a great tool to automate compiling and linking) and libc6-dev (essential header files). You may have to install other header files. For example, to get the header files of library foo, install the package libfoo-dev. And of course a decent text editor with syntax highlighting. I prefer vim.

You can also install an IDE. There are some in the repositories I believe, but I never used one. I think that the separate tools work together well enough.

Beans

Try Codeblock or Netbeans.