Thread: ssh, opening a remote GUI and swrast error

Beans

ssh, opening a remote GUI and swrast error

I am trying to run a software with a GUI on a server via ssh -Y. The graphical window opens, but it freezes immediately and the following error message appears in the terminal:
    Code:
    libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so libGL: Can't open configuration file /ddn/home/vtcb83/.drirc: No such file or directory. libGL: Can't open configuration file /ddn/home/vtcb83/.drirc: No such file or directory. libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2 Extension: 154 (Uknown extension) Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request) Resource id: 0x0
    My local machine has Ubuntu 14.04,with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, and I am using the latest version of the NVIDIA drivers.
    I think it has to do with my local machine, because when I change to X.org drivers, it works fine.
    I have tried this and this, but it did not fix it.

Best wishes,
    Juan

Beans

Re: ssh, opening a remote GUI and swrast error

Have you run "sudo nvidia-xconfig" to create an xorg.conf to match the NVIDIA card?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: ssh, opening a remote GUI and swrast error

Yes, I did, but that only saves the current configuration, doesn't it?
    Thanks!