Thread: Windows icon applet for the panel

Beans

Windows icon applet for the panel

I want my windows minimized to the panel not like buttons but to one icon that combines all open windows. I know there is an applet for the panel but my Lubuntu 16.04 has only Windows as buttons. Where can I find the Windows as icon and how to install it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Windows icon applet for the panel

Quote Originally Posted by forneus2 View Post
    I want my windows minimized to the panel not like buttons but to one icon that combines all open windows. I know there is an applet for the panel but my Lubuntu 16.04 has only Windows as buttons. Where can I find the Windows as icon and how to install it?
    I do not have 'windows as buttons' applet in my lubuntu. however, the taskbar (windows list) settings can be made icon only. You need to then set the width of task button to a bit more than the icon size and tick combine multiple windows into single button. you will need to logout and in again. unfortunately the indicator showing the number of open windows is in the description so it will not show up on icon only. if you click on the icon and there is more than one open window it will offer you which to select.

hope that helps