Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Ubuntu 16.04 Hanging Intermittently on Boot After Update

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: Ubuntu 16.04 Hanging Intermittently on Boot After Update

    Hey, it may sound crazy but happened to me, do you mind checking your `/etc/fstab` and see if you swap partition is being mounted correctly?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Beans
    12

    Re: Ubuntu 16.04 Hanging Intermittently on Boot After Update

    Sorry for the delay. I checked my fstab file, and all seems to be in order. When I initially modified the fstab to add several external partitions to automount on boot, I made a small error in the UUID. Needless to say that the whole thing would not boot at all (I had to boot from the install disk, change to root, mount the main partition, and fix the fstab). Everything boots fine 99% of the time, and the remaining 1% appears to be at random...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Beans
    12

    Re: Ubuntu 16.04 Hanging Intermittently on Boot After Update

    ... and another one...

    x-session_journal2.zip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •