Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Firefox 57

Re: Firefox 57

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    Has anyone actually noticed a performance improvement over the older Firefox?

Or could anyone actually say that Firefox is now faster than any other browser?

The only improvement I've noticed is that the new default layout is pretty good. I can use it out-of-box with only a few very minor tweaks (adding a separate search box and adding a bookmarks toolbar being the biggies), but otherwise it's just nothing to write home about. I certainly don't see any speed improvement, in fact it's more resource hungry on lower end hardware.

Since I've had to switch my lower end hardware to either Chrome, Chromium, or Vivaldi why bother with Firefox at all now? I wish I could add a true search box to the toolbar in Chromium. If that were possible Chromium would become my new default browser. I'm really leaning towards Vivaldi because it's so easily customized but there are rare websites (like The CW) that refuse to stream on it.
    The responsiveness in my case is a great improvement. No lags and switching between the browser tabs was a breeze.

My only complaint for this version is, the occasional yet enormous CPU spikes that came with these upgrades.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

How about a free snack for the mind?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by faraco2 View Post
    My only complaint for this version is, the occasional yet enormous CPU spikes that came with these upgrades.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com...help_us_debug/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com...help_us_debug/

Firefox developers are responding there.

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Hey, thanks for that. It seems that I'm not totally alone with this issue.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

How about a free snack for the mind?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456