Thread: Flash help needed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Flash help needed

So I divided my partition in two with Gnome CentOS as the second option but can't seem to get flash to work in either chromium or Firefox. I was trying to view a Twitch stream. On Firefox, I can hear audio from Iheart radio though.

Here is what I've tried.
    # rpm -ivh http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-re ... noarch.rpm
    # rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
    yum update
    # yum install flash-plugin nspluginwrapper alsa-plugins-pulseaudio libcurl
    sudo yum install flash-plugin alsa-plugins-pulseaudio libcurl

Any ideas are welcome.

just an update. Flash works on Youtube and audio and videos play. I can hear sound on Twitch but can see no video.
    Last edited by sports fan Matt; November 8th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Flash help needed

Flash is not needed and most people do not use flash for youtube any more but html5; are you sure your system is really using flash for them?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I'm honestly not sure. I would think that if html did not work, I wouldn't be able to hear audio or see video in Firefox or Chrome?
    Last edited by sports fan Matt; November 8th, 2017 at 08:49 PM.
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Right click in a youtube video window and tell us what you see; if using flash you will see something about flash settings, if html5 you will see other items in a simple menu, including, at the top "copy video URL"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I do see "copy video url"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

So as I expected you are using html5 for youtube; nothing to do with flash.

I do not know CentOS so am unable to give you more info about how to install it, but I presume you have looked at the CentOS forums; https://www.centos.org/forums/

What did you find there?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Basically the same things we walked through except instead of sudo, they use yum to install. If I'm thinking right, if I can hear the audio but not see the video, it's something to do with the video playback I'm assuming ?.