Thread: I have some questions about Ubuntu/Linux

Beans

I have some questions about Ubuntu/Linux

Hi. I'm new to linux and ubuntu. I have many, many questions, but I

I have Ubuntu and Windows 10 on my laptop. Is there a way to load the other OS on my hard drive without performing a restart?

My Windows time is wrong since installing Ubuntu. It is 4 hours ahead. I tried the advice from this website:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/323390/how-to-fix-windows-and-linux-showing-different-times-when-dual-booting/
    but it still shows 4 hours ahead. Also, in another thread someone suggested making sure my Ubuntu time is in the right time zone. Ubuntu shows the correct time.
    Any other ideas? Thanks

Beans

Re: I have some questions about Ubuntu/Linux

I'm reposting what I posted in your other thread titled A few simple beginner questions:
    Please ask support questions in the appropriate support sub-forum, not in Chat. Also, please ask about one issue per question. In other words, don't club several questions together. The result may be quite confusing to other members of the forum.

And, it would be very nice of you to ensure that each thread has a title that informs the reader of the thread title and helps those who use search engines to find help on the same issue.

In the body of your question, please provide all information you think is relevant so that people can help you quickly rather than just guess.

For more, please see Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible

Beans

I have Ubuntu and Windows 10 on my laptop. Is there a way to load the other OS on my hard drive without performing a restart?
    No. Not unless you install virtualization software on either windows or Ubuntu such as VirtualBox or VMWare.

If your windows time is incorrect, you would probably have better luck finding a solution to that problem at a windows forum or the miscrosoft support site.

Beans

"No. Not unless you install virtualization software on either windows or Ubuntu such as VirtualBox or VMWare."
    ...or KVM.

In other words: Yes, you can.

"It is 4 hours ahead."
    Set Windows to use UTC, then change your time zone to the correct one.