Thread: WiFi connecting and dropping immediately (ubuntu 16.04, tkip network)

Beans

Exclamation WiFi connecting and dropping immediately (ubuntu 16.04, tkip network)

Hey guys,

I've been dealing with this issue at work, can't connect to the Wifi network here.

It works on another of my laptop with the same OS and a different network card, but this Thinkpad T401s with a rtl8191sevb card can't stay connected.

The wifi will connect, ping or any other network service won't work, and after a few seconds it disconnects me. Then it just loops over that endlessly.

Following is the syslog when this happens.

We can see that I'm getting a DHCP lease, but then we start seeing something like "Michael MIC failure detected", and "TKIP countermeasures started" just before "deauthenticating from 02:18:4a:bb:32:f0 by local choice (Reason: 14=MIC_FAILURE)"

The network here is using WPA2 with TKIP (not AES)

Things I tried so far:

Uninstall TLP, disable power saving in the BIOS, disabled wifi card power saving.

sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

sudo killall wpa_supplicant

Adding "options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1" to iwlwifi.conf

Unfortunately this is not my AP so I have to live with TKIP. Any ideas?

Here is the paste from wireless-info: https://pastebin.com/M4VtvDqM

Here are the system logs when this issue is occurring: https://pastebin.com/zL9NrY0q

Quite frustrating that this works on 3 out of my 4 machines. Just this one thinkpad 410s is giving me troubles!

Thanks!

Beans

Re: WiFi connecting and dropping immediately (ubuntu 16.04, tkip network)

Anyone has an idea?

Beans

Re: WiFi connecting and dropping immediately (ubuntu 16.04, tkip network)

Hey everyone, I was able to permanently resolve this issue by installing windows 10. Now the wireless works perfectly!!