Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic Login not working on 17.10

Beans

Automatic Login not working on 17.10

I have automatic login configured on my 17.10 install with the latest packages and each time I reboot I have to login with my account credentials. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!

Beans

Re: Automatic Login not working on 17.10

hello,

have same issue. I can configure my account - enable automatic login in "system setting - users". But after system restart automatic login is not working (need to write password).

Beans

Works fine here when checking (don't use as certain keyrings I use aren't unlocked on auto login). Tried with both a ubuntu & ubuntu-xorg sessions, both fine.
    What's the genesis of your install? (i.e. new fresh or an install with some age or upgrade from 17.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by olsooty View Post
    hello,

have same issue. I can configure my account - enable automatic login in "system setting - users". But after system restart automatic login is not working (need to write password).
    What are you using?, the current location would be Settings > Details > Users in Ubuntu

Beans

Hello,
    do you have NVIDIA graphic card? If yes, try to use Nouveau driver instead of NVIDIA driver and let us know (this helps in my case).

Best regards,
    Peter
    Last edited by ppetterr; October 3rd, 2017 at 04:27 PM.

Beans

Hello, in my case i have freshly installed daily build of 17.10. Installed on dell mobile workstation (precision m4700, with nvidia quadro k1000 graphic card) from usb stick.

I changed binary driver to open and after that i restarted OS. All was fine (no password or whatever needed)! After screen was loaded i checked system settings-details-accounts-users but automatic login was off (switch was on left side, which means that AL is disabled). So i opened locked settings with button situated in right upper corner of window, writed down my pass and pulled switch to right side, signed as enabled AL. After that i restarted OS. But now login screen appears again (with open nvidia driver). Maybe is some problem between graphics and AL. I will try switch off discrete graphic and try run OS on intel integrated graphic.

Sorry for my english, i use it only on christmas

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by olsooty View Post
    Hello, in my case i have freshly installed daily build of 17.10. Installed on dell mobile workstation (precision m4700, with nvidia quadro k1000 graphic card) from usb stick.

I changed binary driver to open and after that i restarted OS. All was fine (no password or whatever needed)! After screen was loaded i checked system settings-details-accounts-users but automatic login was off (switch was on left side, which means that AL is disabled). So i opened locked settings with button situated in right upper corner of window, writed down my pass and pulled switch to right side, signed as enabled AL. After that i restarted OS. But now login screen appears again (with open nvidia driver). Maybe is some problem between graphics and AL. I will try switch off discrete graphic and try run OS on intel integrated graphic.

Sorry for my english, i use it only on christmas
    Works for me with a nvidia mobile (GeForce GT 755M) but at least here the 'switch' is to the left side though it would also just say either On or Off, does your's say On (no idea if that screen gets translated..
    I'd give you a screen shot but at the moment the forum isn't allowing me to do so.

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

olsooty, that screenshot shows that Automatic Login is turned off. Click the Unlock button in the top right of the Settings window. Then turn the switch on next to Automatic Login.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jbicha View Post
    olsooty, that screenshot shows that Automatic Login is turned off. Click the Unlock button in the top right of the Settings window. Then turn the switch on next to Automatic Login.
    yes, you are right. Now looks that AL is turned off. When i will unlock button (write password, button will be green and i can change switch) and will turn the switch on and close window the next reboot and login will be NOT automatic. I will must again write password. And if i will check the switch after that it will be again on left side (turned off).
    It will looks like i didnt made any changes in AL setup.

Im common user, but for me looks like changes in AL (off/on) are not saving. Duno why.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast