Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Macs be made to work correctly with "Suspend" and "Hibernate?"

Beans

Re: Can Macs be made to work correctly with "Suspend" and "Hibernate?"

As for hibernation working, my mini 6,2 running 17.04 desktop happily resumes from suspend, hibernate and hybrid-sleep.

I understand that it is possible to hibernate to a swap file, but I'm old fashioned and created a proper swap partition a bit bigger than my RAM on the internal HD rather than wasting space on the internal SSD.

I put the UUID of the swap in my /etc/default/grub with

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="resume=UUID=9a731b79-5521-476a-bf8a-afdbde7fb1aa"

and I need to use the "grub" option in rEFInd when the machine boots back up. Otherwise it's just a reboot rather than a resume.

Beans

Thank you, halogen2

No, I didn't do all or any of the things at the link you provided..are you saying that I ought to do them now?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by sterator View Post
    No, I didn't do all or any of the things at the link you provided..are you saying that I ought to do them now?
    It fixed a similar suspend problem on my MacBook Pro 9,1. I would say it's worth a shot on your MacBook Pro 9,2.

Back up your system, then do all the steps mentioned there on your MacBook Pro. Does it now wake from suspend?
    Xubuntu 18.04/MacBookPro9,1 ♦ Debian 9/Mageia 6/Xubuntu 16.04/VirtualBox
    If your questions are resolved to your satisfaction, please use Thread Tools > "Mark this thread as solved..."

Beans

Thank you, halogen2. I will follow your advice. May be a few days until I get to it, but I will follow up with my results...hopefully it will help others with the same issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12