Hi,

I’m having an audio problem since a recent update. I’m running KXStudio, which I guess is technically Kubuntu.

I recently updated using apt-get dist-upgrade and I believe the update included one for Firefox (I didn’t really pay attention to the list as I rarely have update-related problems). Since the update, audio still works on my computer but not using Firefox or Chromium. Firefox tells me I need to install Pulseaudio, but I already have that installed.

I couldn’t find many answers to this issue, and the few I found were more technical than I’m capable of understanding, so I decided to reinstall KXStudio on another partition. After performing all the updates, I am having the same problem – no audio via Firefox (haven’t tried Chromium on this new installation). So I’m sure the update caused the problem, but Ubuntu audio, and KXStudio in particular, with all its audio functionality (I record music), seems very complex.

Please help! I am not that well-versed with the more advanced Linux jargon, but I’ve been using this operating system for about a year and have messed around with it a lot, so I’m able to follow instructions if they’re spelled out clearly enough.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.