Thread: Flash crashes when going full-screen in Firefox

Beans

Flash crashes when going full-screen in Firefox

This problem arose recently either via updating Firefox to 55.0.2 or updating Flash to 26.0.0.151.

Clicking the full-screen button on Flash videos like this crashes the plugin. Right-clicking on the video (to turn off HW acceleration) also crashes the plugin.

I've tried all the usual solutions, like preloading libGL.so.1 and creating an /etc/adobe/mms.cfg file with the line EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=0. None of them work.

The same plugin (from the adobe-flashplugin package) works fine with Chromium, just not Firefox. I looked at the suggested solutions at both Mozilla and Adobe, but none seem to fix this problem. Has anyone else encountered this bug?

Update: The crash occurs on both my machine with an NVIDIA adapter, and one with an AMD/ATI adapter.
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; August 31st, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Flash crashes when going full-screen in Firefox

No problems here with Xubuntu 16.04 running the 4.4.0-93 kernel on 64bit system.

What version of Ubuntu are you using; still Kubuntu-14.04 as shown in your info?
    What hardware are you using?

Beans

Yes, still running Kubuntu 14.04. As I said this happens on both systems I use, an HP notebook with AMD graphics and an Asus i5 desktop with an NVIDIA 750 GT. Same result on both. They both have 8 GB of memory and swap files.

The laptop is running 3.13.0-58-generic; the desktop runs 4.4.0-66-generic.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Same problem Here. Ubuntu 14.04 with KDE desktop installed, Firefox 55 and 56 (54 and below does NOT have this problem). Intel HD graphic card.

Beans

Seems to be fixed with Firefox 57.