Thread: PCIE Bus Error: Severity=Corrected after booting into Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

Beans

Exclamation PCIE Bus Error: Severity=Corrected after booting into Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

Assemble a new rack server with 2 Nvidia K40 GPU Cards and 2x Xeon E5-2640 V4 and successfully install Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS.

While trying to log into Ubuntu using the username and password i got the above error

Next when i power off/shutdown the server i too get the above error

Did a search and it seems to be a bug with Ubuntu LTS?

Anyway to stop the error PCIE Bus Error: Severity=Corrected?

Would installing Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS or the older version helps?

Pls assist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: PCIE Bus Error: Severity=Corrected after booting into Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

Hello and Welcome

Support request moved to Installation & Upgrades
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

The above error is getting on my nerve, though i have upgraded the system bios to the latest as well as upgraded Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS to Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS but the error still persist

pls help

Beans

It seems like a bug in ubuntu lts judging on below linked

Why aren't ubuntu addressing member concern or help us to overcome this error?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/8631...0e5receiver-id

Beans

Is been a week since i posted on the above error at ubuntu forum and suprisingly no one offer to help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

We are all volunteers here from all over the world and sometimes one will slip through the cracks, you can help by bumping your thread every twelve hours to keep it in view. It is possible no one here knows the answer.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello!

Ubuntu is an operating system. Ubuntu cannot do anything about bugs. The distributor of Ubuntu, Canonical, Ltd., employs the developers who create Ubuntu.

This Forum is a volunteer peer support venue. This is not a bug reporting venue.

Have you searched for this bug on launchpad.net? If it is there, you can click on "Also affects me" to be counted. If there is no such bug, you can report it there or use the built in bug reporting system.

Please see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs for more information.
    Last edited by QIII; August 19th, 2017 at 03:02 AM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eze88 View Post
    Is been a week since i posted on the above error at ubuntu forum and suprisingly no one offer to help?
    I can confirm I have the same problem on Asus x550vx new laptop also using Ubuntu 16.04.3.