Thread: Can't draw line in Gimp.

Beans

Can't draw line in Gimp.

Using on Mac. After loading new screen. I can't draw a line.
    Screen shows pencil but no line.

If I draw a square, I can bucket fill but can't draw a line.

If I press shift to draw straight lIne, a cross appears but line is invisible.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Can't draw line in Gimp.

Change pen colour?

Sorry if that appears to be an obvious answer but you don't tell us anything about your experience so I'm shooting in the dark here.

Beans

Hi Aj. Thanks for the reply. Tried changing pen colour,but that makes no difference. Open new screen and press ok for template. Click on pencil. and an arrow pears, but no line when I draw. If I press shift, to draw straight line, a cross appears and a line but no line is drawn on the screen. When I draw a rectangle, I can fill it with colour or a pattern. but no pencil line.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

To try out your current configuration for gimp, make sure all gimp windows are shutdown, rename the hidden .gimp-2.8 folder in your home as .gimp-2.8backup and restart gimp.

Try drawing a line now; does it work? If so your old config was corrupt in some way, if it still does not work I am not sure what else to suggest except for purging gimp and then reinstalling to see if the whole installation was corrupt in some way.

Beans

Double-click the pencil icon to see its properties sheet. How big is the pencil point? If you enlarge its size, does the line appear?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Just to add>> make sure you have a higher flow rate>>default I've noticed is really transparent.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread was posted in Art & Design. Art & Design strapline reads:

Discuss various aspects of Ubuntu and Art here. Questions about using software for image editing should go in the Multimedia Software section.
    Therefore, thread moved to Multimedia Software.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Hi Aj, tried that but still no sign of a line. Have reloaded Gimp from their site, but still no joy. Maybe I should try different program.

Beans

Hi Seiji. pencil propertties show that pencil is 20. When I enlarge to fifty, still no luck.