Thread: Can't run PopcornTime

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Can't run PopcornTime

Backgroung

I have an old x86 machine that I am trying to use as a media center using Lubuntu 17.04.

For that effect, I downloded Popcorn-time for x86 and unzipped it.

When running ./Popcorn-time a message showed saying:

Code:
     ./Popcorn-Time: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    So, like a good soldier, I find out that electron (the framework where Popcorn is built upon) requires this lib, and I install it using sudo apt-get install libgconf-2-4.

That works and so when I try to run ./Popcorn-Time again, I get a different error:

Code:
    ./Popcorn-Time: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Doing sudo apt-get install libudev0:i386 didn't fix it, so I had to download it from a 3rd party website and install it manually.

Problem

After doing that I tried running ./Popcorn-Time, but it immediately crashes for no reason.

It also created a dump file in what I assume is binary, thus being totally useless to me ...

Question

- How can I install popcorn time in my x86 machine ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Can't run PopcornTime

Hello, as mentioned in the Code of Conduct we don't support file sharing or potential copyright infringement, which is illegal in some parts of the world.

"Messages containing violent, sexually oriented, or illegal content or links to sites with this content will be saved in the Jail as evidence. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be saved in the Jail. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban."

Closed.