Thread: Kubuntu and Lubuntu merger?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Smile Kubuntu and Lubuntu merger?

KDE (standing Kubuntu for this) and LXDE (standing Lubuntu for this) are the WORST desktops for me, but also for the Qt enthusiasts which KDE is consumed of TOO MUCH resources and TOO BLOAT in its sizes, also LXDE was discontinued due to Qt (which its author PCMan thinks) being better for composing desktop shells, leading to which the former KDE and LXDE users really need LXQt as the new alternative, and this leads them to be the new Qt enthusiasts thru LXQt.
    So the large amount of people being dissatisfied to KDE and LXDE really need a Kubuntu and Lubuntu merger whose desktop is LXQt, besides Cinnamon (by Mint) LXQt is my secondary desktops to practice, but also to be a part spinned into my SuSE developments of OS appliances.
    Last edited by hd.scania; July 17th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Kubuntu and Lubuntu merger?

Not a support request.

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.

Beans

Re: Kubuntu and Lubuntu merger?

@hd.scania, what's the purpose of your post? Is it to inform people about LXQt?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Smile Re: Kubuntu and Lubuntu merger?

I think Lubuntu is too late to prepare switching to LXQt for 3 years after LXQt is out, and LXQt is like KDE being an Qt desktop shell, which KDE is famous to be costed for extra high hardware system resources, making which Lubuntu and Kubuntu are also needed to get merged, here just a kind recommendation to Lubuntu and Kubuntu teams.
    Last edited by hd.scania; July 18th, 2017 at 04:27 AM.