Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Partitioning Question

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Partitioning Question

Thank you so much Dennis N, for sticking with me on this much appreciated I'll see what I can do now to resize it....
    Last edited by RobGoss; July 2nd, 2017 at 11:33 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RobGoss View Post
    Thank you so much Dennis N, for sticking with me on this much appreciated I'll see what I can do now to resize it....
    Glad to be of help. Post back if there are any further problems. I did look at the antergos installer, and it does recognize LVM logical volumes as installation targets.

Beans

There is a bit more to do after resizing the partition in post #30. Did you use the guide to make the LV for installation?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yes I did and everything worked out as it should thanks so much for your help Dennis N, much appreciated

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RobGoss View Post
    Yes I did and everything worked out as it should thanks so much for your help Dennis N, much appreciated
    How did you antergos install go? I planned to install it to test it out and see what all the fuss was about, but the installer would not proceed unless I had a /boot partition defined, and this was on an older BIOS computer. Knowing that should not be necessary, I aborted the whole thing. Image attached of the no-go point.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Things were working OK until I posted saying everything went well then I started having problems with error messages and the system would not boot, I had a smaller Hard drive laying around for the same machine so I piggie backed then both and installed the new OS on there.. The LVM partitions don't play well
    Last edited by RobGoss; July 6th, 2017 at 05:36 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234