Thread: Installing Android on Live USB with Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Installing Android on Live USB with Ubuntu

Has anyone any experience of installing Android " Live USB" usingUbuntu
    I have tried Remix, Anbox and Android -x86. in all cases I have downloaded the ISO file, used Unetbootin, and the USB Image creator, to make the USB drive.
    When I boot my computer - HP Laptop with amd 64 bit support - the installation loads, then when I Open Live Installation from the menu - nothing goes any further.
    Any help or ideas would be welcome.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Installing Android on Live USB with Ubuntu

I did try out Android-6.0-r3 a while ago using VBox rather than a full install to hard metal, but I'm afraid too many things were totally unusable. I found that it really is not an OS that is meant to be used with a mouse, though that could simply be that I do not understand best how to deal with the problems that I saw.

For example some apps that would be fine on a tablet or phone would work only in portrait mode. That's OK if they just made a narrow window in the landscape screen of most laptops or desktops, but they insisted in turning sideways making them useless.

I therefore gave up trying with it; perhaps I should have persisted but I have better things to do so that was it for me.

Have a look at the pages at Distrowatch which mirror quite a lot of what I found about this.

Summing up: interesting, but it has a long way to go before it is really of use on a desktop or laptop computer.
    http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?is...010#androidx86

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Installing Android on Live USB with Ubuntu

Hi - thanks for this info - I think I will give it a miss, I only wanted this to be able to use an internet TV Media System called TV Mucho, unfortunately this is not available for Linux - Windows yes , and Android, so I guess regrettably it will be a Windows Dual Boot. Thanks again.