Thread: Problem with partitions trying a solution for grub

Beans

Problem with partitions trying a solution for grub

Here the information about my partitions:
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/24900386/

I tried to mount other partitions, repair with SuperGrub, with boot-repair and anything work fine, please help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Problem with partitions trying a solution for grub

Welcome. You have no operating system installed. Help us help you. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Please give as much detail as possible. Are you trying to install Ubuntu?

You don't have grub installed, so SuperGrub is no use. Boot Repair probably a better option, but much use at the moment.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; June 19th, 2017 at 06:52 PM.

Beans

Sorry. I want to install Ubuntu. I dont know what kind of information do you need, ask me and I give you everything you need. It´s the first time I have a problem with the grub like this error.

Beans

You don't have a problem with Grub other than the fact that it doesn't exist on your drive. Your drive appears to have no OS on it so using the Ersse Disk and install should work and overwrite whatever might be on it, if anything if you select to format. If you want more control, select the Something Else option which is a manual install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Your 500 GB drive appears to have 1 primary partition (/dev/sda1) that is probably not even formatted, since it has no UUID, and an extended partition (/dev/sda2) that is empty (no logical partitions in it). So unless you previously had something on that drive that you are attempting to recover, you could simply install Ubuntu using the entire drive ("Ersse Disk and install" mentioned should be "Erase Disk and install").
    i5 650 3.2 GHz upgraded to i7 870, 16 GB 1333 RAM, nvidia GTX 1060, 32" 1080p & assorted older computers

Beans

Thanks for all. I used Blancco Drive Eraser and now my pc have Ubuntu fuctional.