Thread: simple text sending projects

Beans

simple text sending projects

Can we build simple text sending machine from one desktop to another only two computer
    with internet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: simple text sending projects

Web search "python client server script", or substitute "perl" for "python" if more familiar with perl scripting. Or substitute "tutorial" in place of "script". Our question is, what do you want to do with that text once you receive it? That will determine what else you need to learn from there.

For example when I wanted to tell how long a battery pack would last for a Raspberry Pi (credit card size computer powered from microUSB running Linux) I was not sure if writing to its SD would corrupt the SD when power went down. So I wrote a python client script that would open a network connect to a server script on my desktop PC, send it date and uptime info, disconnect, sleep for 5 minutes, and repeat. The listening server script on my desktop PC would add what it received to a log file. In the end, from the last entry in the log, I could tell within 5 minutes (close enough) when the battery pack ran out.
    i5 650 3.2 GHz upgraded to i7 870, 16 GB 1333 RAM, nvidia GTX 1060, 32" 1080p & assorted older computers

Beans

hello,
    i want to send and receive simple text message from one pc to another over internet nothing to do with it right now.

Beans

You can use netcat.

Beans

ok, can we talk like Ubuntu Linux to a window or only Ubuntu?
    is there any other service needed other than internet?
    and security can anyone open this message like in gmail/facebook

Quote Originally Posted by linuxprj View Post
    hello,
    i want to send and receive simple text message from one pc to another over internet nothing to do with it right now.
    check out termbin.com

See http://termbin.com/mhsa for examples.
    Last edited by Habitual; June 19th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.