Hi there,

I haven't used Ubuntu as primary OS on my desktop, but I've messed around with it, more with the server versions.
I'm trying to give it a try for real this time but I'm having an issue with a brand new fresh install (starting well xD)

My laptop is an MSI GP62MVR 6RF and I installed Ubuntu 17.04. I'm dual booting, Ubuntu is on a dedicated SSD, while Windows in on another.
On the first boot, I went ahead, login and installed the official Nvidia drivers.
After that I rebooted, that started ok with a small issue since my external monitors are physically connected to the Nvidia and the built in one to the Intel.
Ubuntu started only showing image on the external monitors although detecting all of them.

I went ahead and opened Nvidia control panel (or Xorg control panel, I don't know for sure what it was) where after a bit I found an option to select the GPU, so I decided to switch to the Intel.
On doing that, after a reboot, Ubuntu now won't load the desktop environment, getting stuck on on terminal (where I can't do anything) and all input is ignored.

Check picture.

20170616_120714.jpg

Any idea on how to fix this?
Does Ubuntu support running both GPUs at the same time like windows?

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Ralms