Thread: Re: Gnome shell extensions stopped installing

Beans

Re: Gnome shell extensions stopped installing

I'm using ubuntu-gnome 17.04 and since yesterday my extensions are gone and I cannot install it again. Installation via browser don't work, they show up as installed but off, changing to on nothing happens and after a reboot they are otherwise off. Installing via synaptic, extensions get installed but don't work. In tweak tool extensions are visible, but greyed out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ya-paulle View Post
    I'm using ubuntu-gnome 17.04 and since yesterday my extensions are gone and I cannot install it again. Installation via browser don't work, they show up as installed but off, changing to on nothing happens and after a reboot they are otherwise off. Installing via synaptic, extensions get installed but don't work. In tweak tool extensions are visible, but greyed out.
    I've already explained some posts back, what to do & why; Reading a thread is not wasting time

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@ya-paulle, I've moved your post and the reply from this thread: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2362374

The thread you posted to was in the Ubuntu Development Version sub-forum, and was specifically about 17.10, which is still in development. You are using 17.04, which is the latest fully released version. Your problem could very well have a different cause.

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    I've already explained some posts back, what to do & why; Reading a thread is not wasting time
    @dino99, your reply in that thread referred to the 17.10 development version. Are you able to offer anything regarding this problem in 17.04?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.