Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okular menu error

Beans

Re: Okular menu error

Ah Ok before I try that I should say there is a kde4 folder in '/usr/share'.
    However there is only one folder in the kde4 folder, 'Services'. When I open that there is 'ServiceMenus', an 'apt.protocol' file and an 'apt+http.protocol' file. When I open 'ServiceMenus' there is a 'cabextract.desktop' folder and if I click on 'cabextract.desktop' then I get a message saying 'there was an error launching the application'.

I thought that could be relevant.

There is also an okular folder in '/usr/share'.
    Last edited by joseph123321123; May 30th, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

Beans

No, do not delete those files but if you wish to test things, just rename them temporarily with commands such as
    Code: sudo mv /usr/share/kde4/config.kcfg/okular.kcfg /usr/share/kde4/config.kcfg/okular.kcfg-backup
    The thing is if I remove Okular in software centre then the 'config.kcfg' folder is also removed.

Should I still try renaming the files?

EDIT: I renamed the files; it's still the same as before though.
    Last edited by joseph123321123; May 30th, 2017 at 11:59 PM.

Beans

I've had the same problem. I solved it by reset the toolbars, choose "Configure Toolbars", then click the "Default" button. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Beans

just registered to post my fix, although i'm not on ubuntu. i could not configure toolbars and so i couldn't reset them. i had to go into ~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/okular and delete the rc files there, which fixed it.

btw i believe configuring Main Toolbar <okular_shell> as opposed to Main Toolbar <okular_part> is what caused my problems

Beans

This last one worked for me. Thank you sansoo2
    Quote Originally Posted by sansoo2 View Post
    just registered to post my fix, although i'm not on ubuntu. i could not configure toolbars and so i couldn't reset them. i had to go into ~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/okular and delete the rc files there, which fixed it.

btw i believe configuring Main Toolbar <okular_shell> as opposed to Main Toolbar <okular_part> is what caused my problems

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12