Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRUB bootloader not working (I think?) and error message when I start Ubuntu

Beans

Re: GRUB bootloader not working (I think?) and error message when I start Ubuntu

I can't get secure boot to turn off. I get to the BIOS screen and disable it, save, and exit, but it doesn't actually turn off. All the other changes save, but this one doesn't. When I go back, it just says secure boot is on again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: GRUB bootloader not working (I think?) and error message when I start Ubuntu

Do you have latest UEFI/BIOS from HP for your model?
    Vendors often have issues that they have to fix. May not be in list of fixes either.

What model HP is your system?
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

I think it's a Pavilion 17 Laptop, not sure the exact model number.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Microsoft has required vendors to allow users to turn off UEFI Secure Boot.
    So if an issue check HPs site and if nothing their contact them, just do not mention Linux as then they immediately say they do not support Linux.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12