Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit - System Settings displaying 'phone' settings window

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit - System Settings displaying 'phone' settings window

I would suspect you used a cinnamon ppa in the past that's installed packages for trusty (is this current install an upgrade from trusty?
    This would likely show
    Code:
    apt-cache policy cinnamon libmuffin0
    If that's the case then any of the options would be ok, the 1st. one would be best.. Then if you want cinnamon install packages meant for 16.04

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit - System Settings displaying 'phone' settings window

That worked!

I did install Cinnamon whilst on 14 LTS, but it stopped working after upgrading to 16 LTS, so I abandoned it and reverted back to Unity.

I've just accepted the first option from aptitude when installing libcheese8 and then installed unity-control-center again and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you very much for all of your help, it is much appreciated.

Beans

Re: ubuntu release upgrades

When doing an upgrade vs. a fresh install it's generally best to use ppa-purge on any ppa's one has used before starting the upgrade. This prevents any issues as sometimes ppa packages are higher than those in the new release's standard repos. When that happens they are left in place during the upgrade process & can (usually) cause issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123