Thread: Intuos Draw (Small) doesn't works in Ubuntu 12.04LTS, help!

Beans

Unhappy Intuos Draw (Small) doesn't works in Ubuntu 12.04LTS, help!

First, hello, and, here's my problem (lol, this is so sudden xD):
    English/Inglés:
    A few months ago, I bought a Wacom Tablet (Intuos Draw - Small - ), I was using it on a laptop with Windows 8, but lately it didn't work the keyboard and often turned off suddenly (It think it lacks of thermal paste xD), so I thought in using the other laptop that I had (a Positivo BGH, the ones that are delivered to students (Uruguay)), wich has Ubuntu 12.04LTS, the bad is, the tablet turns on the light, but the laptop doesn't detect nor shows any reaction to this tablet. I've tried with linuxwacom, I've searched for forums for help, but the most were for 14.04 or +, and the posts that were from 12.04LTS, they solved it through updating to 14.04LTS, but I don't want to update. Furthermore, I've tried it one time, and my laptop turned on "Select proper boot device and reset" problems (and believe me, were bothering me for weeks ¬¬), so, I don't want to update.
    In others words, what can I do?

Sorry for my english!

---

Español/Spanish:
    Unos pocos meses atrás, compré una Intuos Draw Small (Wacom), en ese momento estaba usando una laptop con Windows 8, pero, más tarde a ésta le dejó de funcionar el teclado y se apagaba repentinamente a veces (creo que le falta paste térmica xD), así que pensé en usar la otra laptop que tenía (una Positivo BGH, de esas que son entregadas a los estudiantes (Uruguay)), la cual tiene Ubuntu 12.04LTS, lo malo es que, a la tableta le encendía la luz, pero la laptop no detectaba ni reaccionaba a la tableta. Intenté con linuxwacom, busqué en muchos foros por ayuda, pero la mayoría eran para 14.04 o +, y los posts que eran de 12.04LTS, lo solucionaron actualizando a la 14.04LTS, pero no quiero actualizar. Además, una vez intenté actualizar, y mi laptop se encontró con problemas de "Select proper boot device and reset" (y créanme, me molestaron por semanas ¬¬), por lo que, no quiero actualizar.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Intuos Draw (Small) doesn't works in Ubuntu 12.04LTS, help!

Hi, welcome to the fora.

I recommend that you do a clean install of 16.04.2, erasing 12.04 in the process. After that it's a good habit to change all passwords.

Please write again if the Wacom tablet does not work in the new installation.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    Hi, welcome to the fora.

I recommend that you do a clean install of 16.04.2, erasing 12.04 in the process. After that it's a good habit to change all passwords.

Please write again if the Wacom tablet does not work in the new installation.
    Will work on my laptop? I mean, I have 2gb of ram and only 13gb of hard disk.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; May 18th, 2017 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language

Beans

Re: Intuos Draw (Small) doesn't works in Ubuntu 12.04LTS, help! [

I was able to manage it, now the Intuos Draw is working fine in 12.04LTS (there were some problems with kernel, xserver, etc, that's why wasn't working). Thank you all anyway!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Good that you got it working but I still recommend a fresh install of 16.04.2. If you find Ubuntu too slow then L/Xubuntu are lighter options.

12.04 is unsupported which means that security holes are unfixed.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

+1 to mörgæs, he is quite right!

Ubuntu 12.04 is obsolete now and is not supported anymore. That means you can not get any updates anymore.

Please install the latest point version of Ubuntu 16.04, which is 16.04.2 or 16.04.3, which will be supported until 5 years after April 2016, which is ...

Topsiho